Friday, 9 March 2012

Peaches and Plums

Yesterday I spent time clearing and planting. I had help from a good friend M.


Some days it seems that despite lots of work done the progress is not as visible as I would like. I know that it is all necessary baby steps on the way to a whole that I hold as a picture in my head. Sometimes it would be good if the progress was a bit more dramatic.

We tried to burn some of the huge pile of sticks that have come off the trees – we didn’t get very far. I’m beginning to think I need to hire a chipper. I can’t make up my mind on that one. The heap does need to go from where it is.

Victoria Plum
The plot is taking shape. If the growth was any higher I think there would be lines through it that look like sheep tracks through the bracken on hill and mountain sides. As it is there are obviously natural routes through the garden. I seem to find myself walking them automatically even though there is no proper demarcation of the paths.
There is now a Victoria plum tree and a peach (v. Peregrine) planted against a fence. Against another fence are some bags of rubbish needing to be transported to the tip. There is still more to pick up along the way.
Peach Peregrine


I can’t bear to think of landfill sites so, finding a way to reuse things that are broken is something that I try to do whenever I can.
 Old shoes with irreparable soles make great plant pots!

No comments:

Post a Comment